10:00-11:00 a.m. 209 East Duke Building, East Campus
- Keynote Lecture by Meira Goldberg. “Sonidos Negros: a Meditation on the Blackness of Flamenco”
11:00-11:15 am. Break with refreshments
11:15-12:15 pm 209 East Duke Building, East Campus
- Moderator: Thomas DeFrantz.
- Panelist William Washabaugh. “Preserving Flamenco”
- Panelist Michelle Heffner Hayes (on Skype). "Somos Anti-Guapas: Against Beauty in Contemporary Flamenco"
- Discussion/questions for Meira Goldberg, William Washabaugh and Michelle Heffner Hayes
12:15-1:00 pm. East Duke Parlors, Ground Floor, East Campus
- Complimentary Lunch served to the event participants and all those who have attended the keynote lecture and the panel.
1:00-2:00 pm. Ark Dance Studio, East Campus Masterclass in Flamenco
by Carlota Santana, Artistic Director of Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana. Open to all levels of dance experience.